The bathroom is not only a place of comfort and cleanliness. It is also about beauty. Therefore, bathroom fixtures must be chosen thoughtfully and carefully. There is a wide selection of bathtubs: wall-mounted, built-in, freestanding, of different shapes, colors, and materials.
If you want to add a highlight to the bathroom design, have a look at free standing bathtubs.
All You Need to Know About Materials
A freestanding bathtub will create a unique atmosphere in the bathroom that will set you up for relaxation and coziness. It can be made of the following popular materials: Solid Surface, Acrylic, Marble.
A solid surface is a fabricated material composed of a combination of alumina trihydrate, acrylic, epoxy or polyester resins, and pigments. It has many advantages:
- Durable, scratch-resistant surface
- No micropores
- No unevenness; pleasant to the touch
- Effective thermoregulation (a bathtub filled with water cools down very slowly)
- The composition resembles a stone
- The material is homogeneous and durable; does not require a protective layer of varnish
The most common are acrylic bathtubs. It is a rather lightweight, durable, and plastic material, the advantages of which are:
- Sufficient strength to withstand any impact
- Good heat capacity (keeps the original temperature for up to 1 hour)
- A variety of shapes, from oval to rectangular
- High sound insulation that absorbs noise
- Smooth surface
- Simple maintenance (you can just wash it with soapy water)
- Chips, scratches, and cracks are repaired with polishes
A marble bathtub is suitable for any interior. It has an easy-to-care, practical, and solid surface. Since models made of marble are heavy and stable, they can withstand increased loads. The surface of the product is warm to the touch, and it retains heat; so, the water stays hot for a long time.
You will not find two marble baths that will look identical. The veins of marble give each piece a unique look.
Are Free Standing Bathtubs Needed?
A freestanding bathtub is a ready-made product that does not require ceramic cladding and sealing of joints. Such bathtubs will look stylish and vivid, especially thanks to a variety of shapes and designs they can be produced in. You can choose any place to install it. In addition, you can approach it from any side.
However, be aware that a freestanding bathtub is heavy; so, the floor must be solid. Prepare the installation site in advance. Besides, since this bathtub model is not covered by anything, you cannot take a shower in it so that there is no splashing.
When choosing the shape and type of a bathtub, pay attention to the following:
- The legged tub looks nice, but do not press too hard to avoid turning it over.
- It should look perfect from all angles as it is in plain sight.
- Choose a mixer convenient for installation: floor-standing (classic version), column mixer (difficult to install and needs to be matched to a specific bathtub), or on the side of the bathroom (suitable only for a bathtub with a corresponding hole).
Get comfortable. Bring luxury into your daily life with beautiful and elegant freestanding bathtubs.